The use of SmartCards despite being highly secure faces two main
- compatibility and usability issues especially when using
- installation of additional hardware equipment for each client
(reader) becomes necessary
This makes any SmartCard rollout difficult, and therefore the use
of SmartCards is made even more expensive.
TokenControl provides a secure alternative to SmartCards utilizing
Software-Tokens (based on encrypted PKCS#12 files) while simulating
a SmartCard on the client. TokenControl ensures an easy
interoperability with any SmartCard-based environment. Thus TokenContol is either the ideal add-on for any SmartCard-based system or a good step on the way towards such a system.
Taking into account the additional functionality of TokenControl, it
provides - from various points of view - an even higher level of
security than SmardCards combined with its great advantages
regarding manageability, roll-out and cost-efficiency.
- web based administration
- highly sophisticated policy management
- key archive and key history solution
- token recovery
- high availability
- user authentication (certificate, SPEKE, password)
- client support (PKCS#11, PC/SC, third party middleware like
Celocom or ActiveCard)
- available as software solution for Solaris/Linux and Windows
- available as standalone hardware module
- multiple token storages an a single host
- authentication server
Download TokenControl product sheet.